Thursday, January 26, 2017

Introduction Post

Hello friends! My name is Christina Brantley and this is my first blog, (unless you count my repostings on Tumblr). I write occasionally outside of my studies, but it is normally on paper and either in a journal or letter to someone in particular. However, through my studies and my personal writing, I have come to the realization that my favorite type of writing are those within the commentary genre. With that being said, I think this new blog will be a lot of fun for me.

A couple things to know about me: By default, having grown up in a tiny town outside of Gainesville, Florida, I bleed orange and blueI lived in a tiny town, went to a tiny high school, and graduated with less students than the amount of students in my first general education class at UCF. With that being said, coming to The University of Central Florida and moving to Orlando really did change my life. Obviously, UCF has furthered my aspiration of becoming a teacher, but it also opened a multitude of doors and opportunities along the way. I had the privilege in studying abroad in the summer of 2015 in France with Study Abroad UCF, picked up French as my second language and minor, played soccer on the UCF Women's Club Soccer Team then later led the team as the President, and met many inspirational teachers and peers along the way. My favorite book and author is The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. In a way, it was the book that helped me decide I wanted to become an English teacher. I like poetry, mystery, and problem solving literature and books, and I'm a sucker for the classics. So, it's nice to meet you! I hope you get as much out of this blog as I do! Enjoy!!








1 comment:

  1. Christina- Welcome to blogging! I too bleed Orange and Blue and call myself a Knighted-Gator now. I love that you have had the opportunity to travel overseas during your time at UCF. I look forward to reading your work over the semester.

    ReplyDelete